Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vaca Recap

Well, we had a pretty decent vacation overall. The weather was fabulous for the first time this summer and we got some things done. We didn't end up going anywhere(and I'm NOT using the word "staycation" since I hate it). So nice, so relaxing. We were able to go to a Bean shindig which is always nice in of itself. This one, however, was extra special. It turns out that my grandfather has a half-sister who he just met this summer. She's 96, grampa is 86. This fete was about our families getting together and meeting. She looks fabulous! I hope I look that good at 96! Anyway, it was just so touching to see. Grampa didn't stop smiling all day! And I discovered that not only does my dad have a cousin who is named Bob, like him, but they both have daughters named Kelly! I pointed that out to Bob who said"You know, there just aren't enough names." We stimulated the economy(ie, spent a boatload of money on shopping and whatnot), had a beachday(where I stupidly got burned) and we cleaned the house. Exciting times in the Poulin house! Oh, we also had Poulins over to our house for lobster on our last vaca day. You know, my friend Erica from work was telling me the other day that the per-pound price of lobsters is currently less than the per-pound price of hotdogs. Crazy, huh! I'll take a red lobster over a red dog any day! The hot dogs, however, are much less of a pain in the ass to deal with, cooking and clean-up wise. Anyway, we had a good time together all week and that's what family vacation is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment