Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What's the Lesson Here?

I believe that every event in life, good or bad, teaches a lesson whether you choose to see it that way or not. I learned a good one last night. After I got out of work I took a pretty nasty tumble in the parking lot on the way to my car. My foot caught in a pothole of sorts and I went flying. It was a kind of weird, slow-motion thing. This is what went through my head in a matter of seconds" "Oh my gosh, I'm FALLING!!!! Oh wait, no I'm not...Oh wait, yes I am!! Now how to stop this.." so I went with instinct and put my hands out to break my fall. So I was flat on the ground for about 1/2 a minute trying to figure out what the hell just happened and what my next step should be(Oh, by the way, thanks to the person sitting in the car who saw the whole thing but didn't get out to see if I was ok. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.) I decided I would just go home. So, I assessed the damage when I got home: scraped right hand, ripped pants to shreds on left knee, scraped skin on left knee(but no blood thank goodness). Okay, no swelling, only 1 big bruise, so why does my leg hurt like hell? As of now I can barely bend it without screaming in pain. Sure makes life interesting when your bathroom is upstairs. So anyway to the lesson part: Shave your legs daily. Why is this the lesson? Because I hadn't in a couple of days. Seems that we can no longer wear capris at work and I have to lead by example therefore I've been wearing long pants every day. Apparently I can wear a skirt that leaves my underwear color no longer a mystery when I bend over or makes it look like I'm wearing nothing underneath my lab coat but shorter pants are a no-no. But I digress. So I skipped a couple of days to save some time in the morning. Shaving today was painful to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment