Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ah, the Joys of Boys

A little over a year ago, when I found out that my little peanut inside of my was going to be a boy, I cried because I really wanted a girl but I quickly got over it and then I thought, "Hey, I got a pass on all that annoying girl stuff! Woo hoo!" But yesterday I went to CVS with the boys in tow to pick up some stuff that was on sale. One of those items happened to be Kotex pantiliners. I figured that I'd just pick them up, throw them in my cart, and be on my way to the next aisle. Nope, that didn't happen. So here's the convo that we had:

Garrett: What are those?
Kelly: Those are pantiliners.
G: But what are they for?
K: They're just things that girls use.
G: Yeah, but what are they for?
(at this point I'm desperately trying to think of something that will sufficiently answer his question while at the same time avoiding a whole topic about female menstruation)
K: Garrett, just be thankful that you're a boy and you'll never have to care what they're for.
G: Yeah, BUT WHAT ARE THEY FOR???
K: Garrett, you put them in your underwear.
G: (giggling)

This just goes to show that just because you have boys doesn't necessarily mean you're off the hook on the feminine products discussion.

Totally off topic, but I just found out from Edmunds.com that my car is the most frugal to own. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That is tooo cute! Once, maybe last year, Lucy (who's my shadow) saw blood in the toilet & called it "tomatinho" or little tomato...kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I think you handled it quite well, lol.

    ReplyDelete