Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Dream Has Died...or at Least Been Put on Life Support

In a previous post I was gushing about my new dishwasher. Mark was going to get the guys working on the house to install it. Piece of cake, right? Wrong. Apparently they don't want to do it because it doesn't fit into their time table and while they didn't come out and say it, their doing so would be a colossal pain in the ass; therefore, not worth their time. I don't know a whole lot about construction or the installation of kitchen appliances but I was told it involves taking out the countertop. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense but whatever. Soooooo....since it is that involved, I've decided to get new countertops and a new sink! So it's not all bad, but I will have to wait longer than I expected. I have no idea of the costs involved to do so, so that's why we're waiting on it. No laminates, though. I'm not going cheap on this. I'm getting what I want this time. I'm getting Corian countertops with a recessed sink. Bummer that I'll have to get rid of the built-in glass cutting board with the zodiac underneath though.(hee hee)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I can't wait to get rid of our awful laminate and crappy appliances. That's a big goal of ours. And I LOVE Corian! More than granite, in fact. :)

    ReplyDelete