Saturday, January 2, 2010

Obligatory Post For the New Year.

Well.  Another year down the tubes.  What did I do up in 2009?  Not a whole lot...work, kids, house.  Same old same old.   Oh wait!   I had a newborn!  Now that's exciting!  Seriously though, the last year has very good to me.  Raising  Lucas and Garrett is a lot of fun.  I gotta say though, raising Lucas is definitely is not turning out to be old-hat like I thought it would be.  For one thing there is a 9 and 3/4 year age difference between the 2 boys.   That make mama a bit rusty.  And another thing(you've probably heard me say this before)...those boys are almost complete opposites.  Sure, some say they both look alike but that's where the similarity ends.  You can pretty much bank on Lucas doing the opposite thing that Garrett did at various stages of babyhood. 

But anyway enough about the kids.  What else did I do in 2009?  I "moved" from Auburn to Lewiston work-wise.  It was a very good move for me since I was spinning my wheels in Auburn because I wasn't really doing what my job description entailed and they needed someone in one of the Lewiston stores so I was asked to switch and I said "Sure, why not?"  It was supposed to be a temporary switch but it turned into a permanent one.  The best part?  The move was just across the river so I didn't have to add much of a commute.  So I guess I didn't get a whole lot accomplished but those dang kids take up a chunk of my time!
Kidding.  Sort of.  I didn't get my freezer cleaned out in 2009 but I will be doing that shortly in 1010 since it's fricking cold outside so I have a place to stash the goods while the freezer is defrosting.  I'm looking forward to the "3 guesses what this is" part.  If I can't guess it in 3 tries it goes in the trash.  This is a good segue into the second part of what I want to accomplish in the new year--more organization.  I have waaaayyyyy too much clutter in my house and playing the Where's the Remote game gets tiresome.   I'm going to put that shredder to good use!  A related plan to the organization thing...grocery lists.  I can't count the number of times I've gone into the store to "just get a couple of things" and ended up spending $100!  So I need to do the weekly menu-planning thing and shopping once a week(with coupons, natch).  This will help in the next thing...spending less $$$.  2009 found me buying lots and lots of things that I really didn't NEED but thought I did at the time.  Books? My goodness, I probably have like 20 books that I haven't read yet taking up overflow space near my bookshelf.  I work full-time and I have 2 kids.  Do I really have time to read all those?  More cans of diced tomatoes?  If I reorganized my pantry I'd probably find 20 cans.   The final thing I need to work on...using my treadmill for something besides Mark's clothesrack.  So in a nutshell what I need to do is do more with less and simplify.  Hopefully this will be my year and yours as well.  Feel free to share what you plan to do in the upcoming year.  I love hearing other people's ideas since I rarely have good ones of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment