Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Suck!

No, I don't really think I suck.  I'm awesome.(hehehe) But today at breakfast, I thought that that was what Lucas thought of himself.  Lucas was in his booster seat eating his eggs and I was putting a load of laundry in.  Lucas was jibber-jabbering and here's the convo: 

L: I suck!
K: What?
L: I suck!!!
K: Aww Lucas, stop putting yourself down.
L: I SUCK!!!!
K:(after realizing what he was trying to say) Oh, you're stuck!!

I then got him unstuck and realized 2 things. One, that his self-esteem is, in fact, not in question.  Two, that I need to brush up on toddlerese.

2 comments:

  1. Kel:
    I am still, oddly, able to decipher toddler accents as I work with young kids and I'm accustomed to having to stop and think about what I am hearing.

    ReplyDelete