Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Random Grievance

I just want to preface this post by saying that I don't have anything against cigarette smokers in general.  Hey, blacken your lungs all you want, I won't be all in your face about it.  Heck, I'm an ex-smoker myself.  What I don't get is why people think it's perfectly OK to throw their used cigarette butts out of their car windows.  Why can't people use their ash trays?  Even my no-frills car came with a small ash tray and cigarette lighter!  To me, that's no different than throwing a coffee cup or candy bar wrapper out the window after you're done with it.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to admit it, but I used to be one of those smokers who also threw her butts out the window. God forbid I should dirty/gross up my own car! Guess it didnt matter much that I was doing it to our planet instead! Makes me pretty sick to think of how many I must have thrown out my car window. I am now a non-smoker as of April 1st 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Amanda! I'm proud of you. I know how hard it is to quit!

    ReplyDelete