Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Veggie Time

I absolutely adore fresh veggies from the garden in the summer!  Growing them is another matter.  It's not that I'm against gardening.  In fact, I would love to be able to dig in the dirt and be proud of what I've grown.  What holds me back is the fact that the only living things that I've tried to raise and haven't killed yet are my kids.  That, and the commitment and time you need to give to the garden.  Since I work full time I don't have much time during the week to tend to a garden and in my off-time on the weekends I'm going here there and everywhere.  So to reconcile my love of fresh veggies and my gardening ambivalence I have decided that I'm going to purchase a farm share.  I'm really stoked about this!  Lately Garrett has been really into trying new fruits and veggies and this is a perfect way to introduce new foods to his palate.  I can't say this is a totally original idea though.  I just finished viewing Chelsea's blog post about healthy living  and CSAs* and thought it was a fabulous idea.  So I did a little net searching and found a farm not far from my BIL and SIL's house.  I can't wait to see what I get each week!

*I didn't know what a CSA was either.  It's Community Supported Agriculture.

No comments:

Post a Comment